Life Skills for Kids!
Life Skills for Kids!
Life Skills…Important Skills for Success in School & Life...With your favorite former Dean Dr. Adrianne R. Pinkney
This 5-day workshop series supports youth in learning critical skills necessary for success in life and school.
Date: July 17th - 21st, 2017
Location: Langtree Lower School
Time: 10:00 am -11:30am
Age: Rising 1st- 5th graders
Cost: $125 (Sibling discount available)
- Monday: Proud to be you. Youth create positive identity and self-esteem. We also teach students to become more aware of the impact that the way we feel and think about ourselves has on what we do and allow from others.
- Tuesday: Doing and being your best. Using an asset based approached, youth learn to identify their unique strengths and talents and use them to reach their goals. We work to create high-performers, not over-achievers!
- Wednesday: Making choices and making friends. We help youth gain the skills to consciously choose and create friendships that best support their mental, physical and emotional well-being. Having the right friends, puts you on the right track!
- Thursday: Knowing and doing what's right. This week is all about emotional health! Youth learn how our feelings affect our actions. We create plans on what to do when we feel angry, frustrated, confused, or afraid. We can always make the right choice!
- Friday: Getting and giving respect This week is all about relationships and how to curb common issues like bullying, teasing, and people “being mean” by doing and saying the right things. Respect must be required!
Dr. Adrianne R. Pinkney is an Integrative Wellness and Life Coach who works with individuals and groups on consciously creating loving lives that work. Her strong background in education, specifically her year working as a Dean of Students, helped her realize that many youth have failed to learn important life skills that will place them on the path to mental, emotional, and physical wellness. This workshop is about helping students get the skills they need to create success in and out of school. The earlier they learn these critical skills the more likely they are to win in every area.